The Boy Who Lived

So much for writing more frequently! Ah, well. I got busy watching things and couldn't think of a topic I wanted to talk about. This post will be another short one. In fact, my next few posts will be short, at least until I can get used to writing on here more often.

I wanted to briefly touch on a favorite book series of mine that I didn't get into until it was almost over. The series, if you couldn't tell from the title of this post, is called Harry Potter.

Most of you will probably have heard of it, not least because of the films that were made of it. In any case, it's such a good read. The further you go in the books, the darker it gets.

It's about a boy who discovers he's a wizard and has to go to school to learn to use magic. He has many trials throughout his stay at Hogwarts, because he's mostly to curious for his own good. He learns allot of valuable lessons along the way though. He goes from being an innocent boy who knows nothing about his past to a young man who has taken many painful hard knocks and has had to make some hard decisions. It's a wonderful coming of age story with lots of grate humor. I highly recommend it to both adults and kids alike. It is well written but there are many things I think the author could have done better. I will get into that in a different post.

For now, stay safe, and happy reading. Trust me, this series will do much to draw you in and make you forget about the goings on in the world. I'm even thinking about rereading it myself! I have so many other series to read though, it might be a while before I get back to it.

See you next week. 

Comments

  1. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Drop a comment on one of my posts and let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Thuy Trang and Trini Mean To Me

Yea! I'm Not Insane, But I Blame My Husband